Is it just me

Before Christmas we were playing an attractive open brand of football with lots of width, scoring goals for fun (Darlington being the exception)

I honestly thought at home we had a chance against anyone.

And now we seem clueless and I hate to say it very one dimensional again, and a lil too direct again.

Yes we have had injuries, and let a few players go but surely you stick to a style which is producing better performances ?

Injuries have killed us yet again for the third or fourth season in a row. I really hope that next season we consider training on grass.

“There’s a mole. Right at the top of the circus. He’s been there for years.”

With the cost involved in replacing the 3G/4G pitch I'm sure there be ripping it up and laying grass in a few years time  Big Grin

Ground maintenence for natural grass is insane and labor intensive, isn't it? Injuries have been mounting across all the leagues no matter the surface being used.

Cost to resurface 3g playing surfaces is >£150000 - £300000. I would be very surprised if we have made any provisions for this.

I know Rushall have an annual figure they look to raise to cover future resurfacing costs. 

So if you look at an 8-10 year lifespan , that's >20k -30k a year !!!!!

(23-02-2024, 08:48 AM)Kevin Wrote:  Cost to resurface 3g playing surfaces is >£150000 - £300000. I would be very surprised if we have made any provisions for this.

I know Rushall have an annual figure they look to raise to cover future resurfacing costs. 

So if you look at an 8-10 year lifespan , that's >20k -30k a year !!!!!
But that's just to cover the initial cost, correct. A natural surface requires 12 month care, including pre-emergent treatment, regular weed treatments, mowing, spot repair.... it just goes on and on. 

I know that's not affordable. I run a school. I have a natural baseball, football and softball pitch to have maintained. The school can't afford to even begin to maintain them the way they should be, and that's with teacher/coach labor.

We can debate the pros and cons of playing on each surface but as things currently stand  it's sensible to stick with what we have. If we were level above and heading for EFL then it's for serious consideration. 

Clearly the artificial surface hasn't done us any favours this season. Practice on that surface isn't the same as grass. Do we practice on grass anywhere?

It was attempted under Tim Flowers...I think they had at least one session at the Walls Club planned.

(23-02-2024, 12:49 PM)Kitto Wrote:  It was attempted under Tim Flowers...I think they had at least one session at the Walls Club planned.
Under James Rowe as well we used to go there lots.